A couple of weeks ago, I helped my step-mum Kate make some yummy Butter Chicken for dinner! Here’s the recipe 😀
Inspired by Peter Evans recipe from Family Food
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 1 cup minced celery
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp each of: ground cardamon, ground coriander, ground ginger, ground cumin, ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 70g of tomato paste; or 4 tbls
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbls lemon juice
- 1 x 400ml coconut cream
- 800g chicken thighs, cut into small pieces
- Coriander leaves to serveHeat olive oil in deep pan over medium heat, add celery and garlic and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn heat down to low and add spices and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes. Add salt, lemon juice and coconut cream.
Turn heat up to medium and bring sauce to a simmer, add chicken and stir to coat well.cover pan with lid and cook for 20-25 minutes until chicken cooked through, and sauce has thickened.
Serve on black or wild rice with coriander leaves as garnish.